The Official Student News Site of Parkway West High

Pathfinder

Pathfinder

Pathfinder

FaceWash your Facebook

Admit it; Most people, at one point or another, have either posted or had something containing profanity posted on their Facebook walls. However, Facebook has climbed to the number one most popular social networking site over the past couple of years.

“I mean we’ve built a lot of products that we think are good, and will help people share photos and share videos and write messages to each other. But it’s really all about how people are spreading Facebook around the world in all these different countries. And that’s what’s so amazing about the scale that it’s at today,” Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg said in an online post.

Although you may not have realized it, posts containing profanity can ruin job opportunities, your reputation and hurt others with things you might have said about them.

Now, that’s all about to change! Thanks to the new Web app, FaceWash, discovered by The New Web (TNW), individuals are now able to clean up their own Facebook walls of all profanity or unwanted posts and pictures.

After logging into your Facebook account, FaceWash scans your profile for any comments, wall posts and pictures you posted or have been tagged in that could potentially harm your reputation, or others. Once the scan is complete, you may click on the link to view the posts or photos containing inappropriate material and delete them, if wanted. Another helpful part of the new FaceWash sensation is the search bar that allows you to search for specific words or phrases you used in the past that you want to rid your profile of.

“I really liked it. I think it’s going to be good for future jobs because your employers want to know what you’re like and I think Facebook is going to play a huge part in whether or not you get hired,” senior Susie Watson said.